We are looking for a mobile app developer with an experience of 1-3 yrs to design, develop and maintenance of Android apps. The developer will work in consultation with the Lead, on the entire app life-cycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with the web sites.
- Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other.
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with developers and Project Managers/Technical Lead to conceptualise, build, test and realise products.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
- Working with the front-end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
- Optimising performance for the apps Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Familiar with the Android SDK
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Familiar with Eclipse
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Using version control (e.g. SVN)
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills